I don’t usually do tags (very fun meh?)…but since Li Enn tagged me and got special reminder somemore, have to do la, horr? I’ve known her since standard 3 (or was it 2?) when she first transfered to Alor Star, and even after she moved to Perak, she never forgot to keep in touch, read my blog, sms me. Count yourself fortunate if you’re her friend. 🙂
I don’t have a die die must eat favourite food. When I’m hungry, everything tastes good, except brinjal. And when I’m full, everything tastes like brinjal. But since I’m Hakka, let me introduce you to my favourite Hakka dish–oyster meat balls! Yee Cang Ling’s mum cooks the best, biggest, juciest ones, and I always tell him I love it so much so that he will tell his mum and his mum will not forget to give us during CNY. Hehe. In case he thinks I’m serious I better clarify that I’m kidding.
Note: My mum learnt from her, and the quality of my mum’s meatballs are definitely catching up! Haha. My mum really takes a lot of effort to cook good food for us. Thank you!
So why do the Hakka people eat oyster meat balls? Because in Hakka, 蚝豉 sounds similiar to 好市, which means a good market for the businessmen. Usually it is cooked with 发菜 and the dish is called 發財好市. Wanna know how it’s cooked?
I tell you, it so hard to find info on oyster meat balls in English! And I didn’t know how to write it in Chinese (my Chinese is rotting) so it took me quite long to find this picture okay. Doesn’t look too pretty, but how else do you want a meatball to look like? =P
Actually,for the longest time I’ve been under the impression that 蚝豉signifies 好事, good things!
I’ve been taught to thank God for good things in life. Sometimes I think it’s just luck, sometimes I think I really worked hard/ I was capable/I deserved nothing less, but the bible reminds me that every good thing comes from God. So I better thank God.
Recently I am grateful to God for:
1. Being very very merciful and patient with me, when I’m learning my lessons and growing very slowly. God, help me to remember that Your compassions are new every morning. Help me to live like the King’s kid, not a miserable whiner. Help me!
2. A good family that supports me in what I do.
3. Friends. Old friends, new friends, people I meet along the way.
4. Helping me pass my driving test although I’m not good at driving!!! I kena a very kind tester today. So relieved.
5. Good SAT I and II results, far, far, better that what I expected. I got 2320 for SAT I Ok. I don’t believe it. Haha. First hurdle to the USA is cleared. God seems to be opening the door. I dunno.
6. A for Project Work.
7. Silver for NAPFA (the physical test). I didn’t believe I would make it.
8. The opportunity to emcee the SISC opening ceremony.
Well, good food below for food lovers. Enjoy!
Proposition: What is your favorite food in your state or country?
Requirements: Find some info about the food and show delicious pictures of it?
Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia
JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow
My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak
Montessorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun
Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee
Leah loves Hakka Lei Cha
Karen loves Pan Mee
Something about Lai loves Crispy duck skin from China
Simple American loves Cheese Enchiladas
Nicole Tan loves Char Tau Kueh
velverse loves otak-otak
Giddy Tiger loves Dim Sum
may loves Roti Bakar
Selba loves Gado-gado
Chen loves Satay
Doreen loves Hainanese chicken rice
rinnah loves Ipoh Chicken Rice
Misha loves tim sum in Hong Kong
Kenny Ng loves Jawa Mee
wmw loves Kuih Tutu
Lyrical Lemongrass loves Asam Boi
Pinkelle loves Mee Siput and Keropok Lekor
LB loves Siew Kai Pai Kuat Tungku Chap
day-dreamer loves Secret Recipe Chocolate Cakes
jas loves oyster meat balls
** End Copy **
Li Enn, like that 可以了 horr!