Random thoughts Nai Lin style. ;P
1. I’ve been having a marvellous time at one of my jobs (and I feel oppressed at the other because of moody, bossy colleagues). But sometimes I think I do belong in the service industry because I enjoy so much seeing my customers leave happy and satisfied.
2. My twentieth birthday is coming up. I’ve been thinking how to make this year’s birthday a meaningful and special one. One where I can celebrate all the people who have coloured my life and make it a birthday celebration that THEY will remember. One where I can share my joy and bless as many people as possible.
3. I want a planner because I don’t have one yet. Can someone get me one? I am fussy only about two things: I must be able to see all days in a month on ONE page–I don’t want those one week per page or worse, one day per page planners. The second thing is that it must not be too bulky or heavy.
4. I have also been eyeing a New Living Translation pocket bible (with a nice cover design) because my current bible is quite worn down.
5. I am now beginning the book of Proverbs and Acts. Proverbs, because I feel in need of wisdom, and Acts, to remind myself of the exciting lives of the early disciples.
Prov 3: 5-6 says
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
It also says in verse 24 that our sleep will be sweet if we preserve sound judgement and discernment. What a nice promise.
6. Am thinking of buying my bro a teddy bear. Lol. Maybe ala Mr. Bean.
7. Am not making progress as fast as I would like with my writing. Getting stuck here and there with products like friggin baby monitors and binoculars. =S
8. Have been forced by Zia to go jogging and have been trying to increase my jogging frequency. Very difficult to roll out of bed at 6.30am after working a 12.5 hour day and spending most of the time on my feet. Also trying not to binge–the craving and feasting bells are ringing because it’s right after the fasting season where I only ate one meal a day.
8. Am going to be late for work if I don’t sign out now.